meds failing? please answer

hiya i am a 27 yr old positive female who has been on sustiva & truvada for 2 years. when i started meds my cd4 was 240 & vl was very high indeed. after a couple of months my vl reached undetectable & cd4 rose to 500 then went on to 700, 500, then last two lots of results were 400. i am due back in 2 wks for retesting. what i am wondering is why the drop in the cd4 count? does this mean my meds are failing? i have remained undtectable all this time thanks

Thanks for your post.

If your viral load remains undetectable, then it's unlikely that you're having treatment failure. I'd suspect that the CD4 counts are merely reflecting the normal variation in the tests- noting that all of the recent results (despite their decline) remain in the normal range. A glance at your CD4 percentage will likely not show such declines.

Either way, repeating the tests would seem like a reasonable thing to do.

I hope this is helpful, BY

CD4 Counts
stopping meds for colonoscopy?