Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

CD4 Counts

My CD4 count was 1800 when i last went to the doctors and that was my first record.

I am 18 years old and scared that i am not going to live very long.. I think i need help!!

Thank you for your post.

I'm sad to hear that at the young age of 18 you've got HIV infection.

Know that you have a very normal (actually on the high side) CD4 count and probably won't be needing to start HIV therapies anytime in the near future.

Persons living with HIV today like you can expect to live full and healthy lives. This requires that you find experienced HIV healthcare and get periodic clinical and laboratory monitoring- and most likely at some point, medications.

Write back with any questions, anytime.

Best of health to you, BY

Meds to soon?
meds failing? please answer