|Meds to soon?
Jan 8, 2008
Hiv pos since Dec 6 2007.cd4% 38, cd4 1064, viral load 26800. My doctor would like to start Atripla being a naive patient. Your thoughts, please.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Assuming that you're not experiencing serious HIV symptoms, current US and international treatment guidelines don't recommend treatment in persons with your CD4 counts. While Atripla is a very reasonable starting point for first-line treatment, I'd ask your doctor as to the reason why he or she is recommending starting now.
Best of luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Dangers Of Vaginal Infections
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- Is Chlamydia In The Blood?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.