Jan 6, 2008
Have you heard of a product called Tai bao and what it does to CD4 and Viral Load of the HIV patients? I read on the Internet this product helps a lot and I want a second opinion.
Response from Dr. Wohl
I asked Dr. Google but found little other than it is a Chinese herbal med that in one study conducted by its inventor worked to cure opportunistic infections, raise CD4 counts and drop viral load but in another study conducted in Thailand did not.
Not much out there to recommend this treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Rectal Bleeding?
- Is Dry Cough A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Ear Infection A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bleeding During A Pap Smear
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.