toxoplasmosis and starting HIV treatment
Jan 3, 2008
I have just been diagnosed with toxo and HIV. My CD4 count is 5. Yet they tell me I cant start antiviral treatment for another 3 months
Response from Dr. Wohl
In general, this seems like not a great idea. While some people might be concerned that awakening your immune system by treating HIV might cause an over-reaction to the toxoplasmosis in your brain, I think waiting 3 months is too long.
The toxoplasmosis meds can work quickly and I would not wait beyond a month to start up HIV therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Sterility?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.