Dec 28, 2007
Approximately one cup of blood came out of my rectum while using the bathroom, the anamoly is there was NO stool, only blood. I had an appendectomy 5 weeks ago. I'm 42 yrs old, thought I was having a bowel movement, when I stood up, it was just pure blood. Could this be related? I appreciate any advice.
Response from Dr. Young
Yikes. If you've produced a cup of blood from your rectum, irrespective of your recent surgery, you need to contact your doctor immediately. This could be a complication of your surgery, but also of other causes of colonic or rectal bleeding.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Receptive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Can Blood Work Tell If Had Hep B Vaccine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.