Is Shingles contageous

Everything I read about Shinghles, it says ytou can't catch it. However it appears to me that lots of my friends seem to be having shings at the same time. Could this just be a case of lots of chicken pox around and this is causing the shingles to flare up. Although i thought chicken pox was pretty much being controled by vaccination.

Cheers David.

David,

Thanks for your post.

Shingles is reactivation of old chickenpox (Varicella zoster). It is not contagious to persons who have previously had chicken pox, but can cause primary chickenpox in persons who have never had the illness.

Having exposure to chickenpox does not cause outbreaks of shingles.

BY

oops 2X
Advice on medication