Use of High Dosage Multivitamin to "delay" onset of treatment

Dear Doc

The Johns Hopkins guide to living with HIV infection states to be careful not to use high doses of multivitamins without checking with one's doctor.

What are the risks? I am not on medication yet and have read DR. Kaiser's assertions that the use of his high dosage K-Pax daily multivitamins can somehow delay the need to begin treatment.

Is there somehting to his claims and/or pills or is he overstating his case and selling snake oil?

I think the major concern is when these vitamins are taken during HIV therapy due to potential interactions. If you are not on HIV meds, I see no harm.

As far as whether vitamins will keep HIV at bay, I am dubious. I was around before we had kick ass HIV drugs and I had many patients take mega vitamins and other alt therapies. I wish they were still here to see how far we have come.

Epzicom/Reyataz without Norvir Boost
First meds