Taking atripla

Is it O.K. to take Atripla in the morning or at bedtime and also on the bottle it recommends taking it on an empty stomach at 1 hour before or 2 hours after meal at the same time. I prefer taking it with a meal and in the morning. If I switch to take it in the morning, will that have an affect on my VL and CD4 count?

You can take Atripla in the morning or evening, with food or without - it all depends on how well you tolerate it.

Most people take the med at night so that the dizziness is not noticed during sleep. If you do not experience any problems when taking the med first thing in the morning, go for it. Just be sure you continue to dose the med at about the same time every day and not switch back and forth between day and night. Choose one.

As far as food, same deal. Eating increases absorption of efavirenz in Atripla and can make side effects more likely. If you can scarf eggs and ham and Atripla and not feel like you are tripping, all the power to you.

Sustiva/Combivir
a woman on sustiva and triziver