MY FIRST TREATMENT

HI, I GOT MY HIV + RESULT ONE MONTH AGO, IS SUPOUSE I AM LIVING WITH HIV FOR 5 YEARS OR LESS BUT I DIDNT KNOW. MY CD4 NOW IS 411 AND IS THE 13%. MY MD GAVE ME BACTRIM 1 CAP ONE DAY YES ONE DAY NO, I CAP VITAPLEX, I CAP ANTIOXYDANT, I CAP PRE NATAL VIT EVERY SINGLE DAY. YESTERDAY STARTED TO TAKE MY ANTIVIRUS TRATMENT: REYATAZ 300 MG, TRUVADA AND NORVIR 100 MG ALL TOGUETHER WITH FOOD. I AM FEELING OK BUT SOMETIMES MY STOMACK IS UPSET. DO YOU THING IS A GOOD TREATMENT IN THE BIGINING?

Thanks for your post.

Yes, the combination of tenofovir/FTC (Truvada) with ritonavir (Norvir)-boosted atazanavir (Reyataz) is a good regimen- one that is recommended by current US treatment guidelines.

It's important to take this regimen with food and to avoid the use of certain types of antacids. If you're feeling nauseated, I'd be sure to mention this to your doctor.

If your next CD4 counts show that your absolute count is above 200 and percentage is above 15, you could safely stop the Bactrim.

I hope this helps. Be well, BY

Why increase Reyataz after 2.5 years?
women and hiv