Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Drug for HIV
Dec 15, 2007

I'm 21 years old and i'm HIV positive. Can u suggest me the HIV drug i should take to live healthy because i feel stressed all the day. Please tell me as soon as u can.

Response from Dr. Young

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

Your question covers a huge topic- let me try to simplify. First, the selection of medications requires a detailed understanding of specific issues that relate to your health and side effect aversion and to the pattern of HIV drug resistance.

The best medication for any single patient-virus pair depends on analyzing these factors and then deciding on which set of medications best addresses these concerns.

What to do now is to identify an experienced HIV doctor and work closely with him or her to figure out these issues. It is important for you to know that starting HIV medications is rarely an emergency and many persons elect to postpone starting medications for a later day.

I hope this helps, BY

Previous
neverapin contraindication
Next
CD4 AND DEATH

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.