|sense of smell
Dec 15, 2007
Just wondering if you could let me know if taking hiv drugs (currently on Combirvir and Efavirenz) changes one's sense of smell, I constantly seem to have a sense of 'burning smells' no matter where I am, indoors of outdoors. Jeff
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
I'm not aware of any HIV medications affecting the sense of smell. Indirectly, correcting chronic sinus problems can improve the senses of taste and smell.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What If You Are Not Cured After Taking Bacterial Vaginosis Medications?
- What Foods To Avoid If You Have Herpes?
- What Are The Odds Of My Partner Having Genital Warts And Me Not?
- What Are The Characteristics Or Identities Of Shingles?
- What Are Limitations Of Haart?
- Topical Cream For Shingles
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.