KP 1461

I unfortunately was infected with a 3 class resistant virus and have been know to be HIV pos since Dec 2005. My VL is stable at 10,000 and my CD4 has been up and down between 230 and 340. Fortunately a lot of new drugs sre now available and my doctor is talking about starting a combo such as Isentress with the new NNRT OR Prezita and probably Fuzeon. I am treatment naive and am healthy. KP 1461 Sounds like such a wonder drug maybe I should just try to get into a clinical trial with it instead as it almost sounds like a cure! Then I would be done with my HIV (and never get infected again God). Sorry for the drama but S**t this is exciting stuff. In your experience have there been drugs out there previously with similar claims that turned out to be duds? And why have the big drug companies not jumped on board. You would think that a drug that in vitro cell cultures can eliminate the virus would be the holy grail of HIV treatment and quite profitable as well.I guess we can just remain hopefull and stay tuned with the phase 2 trials for now. Thanks

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Previous HIV medications have been developed with the idea of fitting into a drug cocktail in order to control HIV infection. This is the first agent that I am aware of with such a novel mechanism of action.

Talk of a cure with this agent is not accurate. The first task is to see if it is safe and has meaningful antiviral activity in humans.

The phase 2 trial has many restrictions, but based on your post you may qualify. It is only through individuals volunteering to participate in studies like this that we can move forward.

The big drug companies have not jumped on board because this agent is in early testing. If positive results are seen in this study then this would trigger great interest.

Stay tuned!

Atripla & Hep b
Just want to be well again.