Atripla & Hep b

I just started Atripla (1 week) as I was recently diagnosed with hiv and my cd4 is 40. I also have hep b and that viral load is high. I am having trouble with the atripla. Dizzy and hung over in the morning. sour stomach, not sleeping well, shaky and jittery during the day, itchy hands & feet. general malaise. I hope these things go away but is it worse due to the Hepatitis? Are these normal side affects? My doctor says the atripla will bring the hep b under control too. One magic pill. Your Thoughts?

Thanks for your post.

You're on a very good treatment, especially for persons with active hepatitis B. It does sound like your experiencing side effects from the efavirenz part of Atripla; usually these symptoms improve with time, but if the side effects don't improve or if they simply unacceptable, talk to your doctor or healthcare provider.

There would be alternative strategies to keep you on the tenofovir+FTC part of Atripla (the medications that have activity against hepatitis B) but switches you from efavirenz to one of several different medications.

I hope that this is helpful. BY

TREATMENT
KP 1461