hepititus b carrier

Back in Aprilof this year I was tokd I had hepititus a and during that time I was suffering real bad. I got over all of that. I go back to my doctor and he tells me I am Hepitius b carrier. Does a turn into the b are what? I am not a drug user nor a drinker and I just cant understand how I got the b... And will I ever be free from it? I have kids is it safe for them to be around me. I am scared to even give them a kiss. Do you think I need to be re tested are what?

Are you HIV+? This is a forum for people with HIV or questions related to HIV medications. Assuming you are HIV+, my response is that hepatitis A virus (HAV) and hepatitis B virus (HBV) are two very different germs. HAV is spread by primarily fecal contamination of food and also by sexual contact where fecal material (even small quantities accidentally) is ingested. HAV causes a self-limited illness and then goes away.

HBV is transmitted via sex, blood products and contaminated needles. The virus is very catchy and can also be caught occupationally (such as in health care or nursery schools. It can cause a range of illness from none to the life-threatening. It sounds like your doctor may have detected antibodies against HBV in your blood. She may have also found evidence of the actual HBV virus too. The term 'carrier' suggests there is evidence the virus has not come and gone but is present in your blood. The next test should be a HBV DNA PCR. This looks for and counts how much HBV is in your blood. If it is negative, it suggests that the antibody test may not have been accurate. If HBV is detected you should see a hepatitis specialist or an infectious diseases doctor.

There are some HIV meds that can be active against HBV so there needs to be careful consideration of HIV therapy to try and optimally control both viruses.

Mother recently diagnoised please help
Switching Combos