confused

From: T J Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 1:58 PM To: Webmaster Subject: Re: confused

Thank you very much for responding to my questions, you see I diid not give you all thje details , sorry I should have been more clearer, Yes both tests were done , l was diagnosed when I was pregnant and went on medication for the prevention of mother to child , then stopped medication soon after and as expected my cd 4 bounced back to before medication but I am perplexed by the low cd4 percentage but undectable viral load, Yes I was sexually actve before my maerriage 14 years ago, could L have been with this virus since 14 years ago and still undectable and the other thing is l am so worried about being sick since my percentage is below 14% and not on medication

Once again thank you for taking your time to answer these questions for me . --- 'Ask the Experts' at The Body

Dear TJ,

So, it sounds like there is no question you are HIV infected in that your HIV tests, both the screening and confirmatory, are positive. The low viral load but also moderately low CD4 count makes me wonder whether HIV-2 is present.

If testing for this virus is not possible where you are, then treatment with HIV medications may be worth a try. If your CD4 cell count increases on therapy it suggests they are doing something that the tests are not appreciating. I agree, the low CD4 percent is concerning itself is enough to warrant a trial of HIV medications.

cmv and pregnancy
Cleanse