alternative combination for Truvada

I m in Asia and would like to take Atripla in the future when it is available. I know that Atripla=sustiva+truvada. sustiva is available in the clinic i go to, but truvada is not available. i know that truvada=TDF+FTC. Unfortunately, the clinic has only TDF but not FTC. I heard that the chemical structures of FTC and 3TC are very similiar, Do you think I can replace FTC with 3TC?

In that case, i am thinking of taking:

sustiva+viread+epivir

Is it a possible combination? if so, i would discuss with my doctor in my next visit. Thanks

Thanks for your post.

FTC and 3TC are very similar drugs. Hence, the regimen of efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin) + tenofovir (Viread) + 3TC (Epivir) is very similar to one that uses FTC (Emtriva, part of Truvada or Atripla).

This regimen was very popular before the approval of FTC and was studied in the Gilead Sciences study 903.

Hope this is helpful. BY

Who is more prone?
Reyataz and Prevacid