Drug Combinations

My doctor recently commented on the unusual medicine combination I'm taking. She is my second doctor and did not start me on Viracept, Truvada and Sustiva which have had very successful results for three years. I'm reluctant to alter these, but wonder if these combinations unorthodox for treatment?

Thanks for your advice. I can't get information anywhere else.

Jon

Dear Jon

This is a less than typical combination and is a bit of a throwback to a different era. However, if you had prior treatment experience, it may reflect a best attempt to control your virus with what was available at the time they were prescribed.

The bigger issue is whether to continue the regimen or switch to something else.

If you are taking these medications as directed every day, have an undetectable viral load and have no major adverse effects, I would ride them out. They are working for you and though it is slightly odd, it is not broke so why fix it.

Effectiveness of treatment
is it ok?