Effectiveness of treatment
Dec 2, 2007
I am currently on Truvada , Reyataz and Norvir , after i represented with Gastro enteritis and was taken off my intial treatment ( Stocrin and Aspen lamzid?) how effective is the treatment i am currently on.
Response from Dr. Wohl
Your first regimen contained AZT+3TC+efavirenz. That is a well studied combination that usually is very successful in controlling HIV. If you had problems taking the medication or have virus that is resistant to the medications, they can fail. It s unclear if these meds were stopped due to side effects or because they were not effective.
Your current regimen is different and should work. Taking it every day is essential.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Whats The Percentage Chance Of A Man Getting Hiv From A Woman?
- What Has Caused The Evolution Of Drug-resistant Strains Of Hiv?
- Will Chlamydia Cause An Abnormal Pap Smear?
- Why Does Sex Cause Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Happens If Bacterial Vaginosis Is Not Treated?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.