Nov 26, 2007
I've had a rash on my lower legs for over four months. I live in Fairbanks, Alaska and recently lost my primary care giver. The local MD's don't seem to think my rash is serious enough to be treated. I'm on Kaletra and Truvada with an undetectable viral lode and a T-cell count of 240. I'm concerned this infection could be more serious than they think or perhaps they see no point in treating it. If you could give me any information that would be great. Sincerely, Worried
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Do you know that this is caused by pseudomonas? How long has the rash been there? Are there sores or ulcers?
It is very hard to diagnose a rash via email. A trip to the dermatologist sounds like a good plan.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.