Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Confused ?
Nov 24, 2007

Dear Dr. : My last three mails went with no response.Please not skip this any more1

My exposure happened 22 months ago. Just 2 days after that , I was wrongly diagnosed as one of STDs in local hospital here in my country and was subject to 5 days¡ high-dose Interferon Treatment, probably the Interferon- Beta. For the following 22 months, I have been undergoing HIV antibody tests. My 18 times HIV 1-2 antibody tests come back with 18 times¡ negative results. The last negative happened in the 22nd month from my exposure. Still, among the 18 times¡ test, there was a Western Blot negative happened in the 3rd month. These tests however did not ease my symptoms and anxiety at all. Now, I do need your help. Please tell me: Did my 5 days¡ high-dose Interferon Treatment make impact on my antibody Tests and render them false? Should I take a PCR or something else? Looking forward to your prompt answer, for I am on the verge of breakdown. Best Regards Yours Sincerely

Response from Dr. Young

Dear Yours Sincerely (and our readers),

We simply don't answer questions on this forum about risky exposures and testing thereafter. This is a forum that is dedicated to helping those who have HIV and have questions about their medication options.

BY

Previous
Cordyceps
Next
Is it time to start meds ?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.