Nov 24, 2007
I came accross a traditional Medicin (food supplement rather) and people are using it in fighting HIV AIDS. How do you see this product?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
While there are some who have claimed activity of this fungal extract in persons with HIV, there are no scientific publications on the subject of cordyceps and HIV. I would be very suspect of the use of any untested (for safety or effectiveness) products for any reason.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Restrictions Do You Have When You Have Herpes?
- What Is The Meaning Chlamydia Igg Test Positive?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Effects Of Touching Genital Warts With A Finger
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.