Nov 21, 2007
When do i need too start my meds. ?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
This is a big topic and I'd encourage you to search the "When to Start Treatment" category on this forum for other responses.
In brief, one should consider treatment if there are persistent HIV-related symptoms (like fevers, weight loss or fatigue) or if CD4 counts are below 350. There are many factors that can influence individual decisions, above all else, the willingness and ability to be adherent to medications.
I hope this is helpful, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Much Blood Is Needed To Get Infected?
- How To Protect Yourself From Hpv When Having Sex?
- Longest Time For Antibody To Show Up On Hiv Test
- Statistics Of Unprotected Sex In The United States
- Tingling In Feet,hands, Numb Mouth And Mild Fever HIV Symptoms
- What Are The Risks From Fingering Someone?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.