is a good news?

based on your response to one of the questions raised (response given below) can we say that HIV drugs have gotten to a point where we can say 'it can't cure AIDS, but can help people live a normal life with the virus inside the patient'??

sounds like a good news to me.

Your response was:

Thanks for your post.

Resistance is not inevitable.

I have a whole bunch of patients who have been on medications for nearly 10 years without any suggestion of drug resistance. Indeed, among my patients who have started medications in the last 5 years (mostly boosted PIs-, or efavirenz-based regimens), we've not had a single virological failure.

Hope this helps. BY ______

thanks Doc, you give me hope and another shot at life. may God bless you and may you live a happy life because you make my day every day!

Thanks for your post and comments.

I think that you've summed up the situation. HIV is still a very serious medical condition and requires life-long treatments--all things that I'm sure that everyone would still would rather avoid, given the chance.

HIV medications aren't perfect, but can restore health and provide the needed tools to life.

Best of health, BY

restarting trizivir part II
STARTING MEDS.