Doctors in India

Dear Doctor, a family member has informed us one month back that she is HIV+. She has been HIV+ for the last 12 yrs. She has been on medication for the past 12 yrs but in the last 1 year she has lost a lot of weight and feels very weak. she now weighs 97 pounds.I am from INDIA. We need to urgently take her to a doctor/specialist in INDIA or abroad. I am not very confident of the doctor currently treating her. Please can you recommend me some reputed doctors in india or anywhere in the world. Please do this to help us save her.

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like your family member is quite ill; I agree that she needs to see a doctor who's expert in HIV care and antiretroviral medications soon. Fortunately there are quite a few experienced HIV care providers in India.

Here's the link to TheBody.com's ASOfinder listing for India. I'd contact the AIDS Service Organization nearest to you to find out who to see and how to proceed.

Best of luck to you and your family, BY

Switch from Stocrin
Final Stages of Aids