Atripla and milk thistle
Nov 20, 2007
I take atripla in the morning on an empty stomach with no side effects and I was wondering if it is ok for me to take one Milk thistle (140mg) per day to maintain healthy live function. I will not be taking the milk thistle at the same time of day as the Atripla. I will take it in the middle of the day.
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Milk thistle is thought by some to have beneficial effects on the liver. These data remain speculative, in my view.
It' my opinion that unless these drug-drug interactions are well established, that I'd avoid ingesting anything that hasn't had proven benefit or has well studied drug interactions. For this reason, I don't recommend milk thistle to my patients who are taking antiretroviral medications.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlorine Cause A Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.