What is ELISA HIV means?
Nov 20, 2007
Thanks a lot for your answers. what is HIV ELISA, HIV DNA PCR test means? Please help. Once again thanks
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
A HIV ELISA test the typical screening test that looks for HIV+ antibodies in blood.
A HIV DNA PCR is a very sensitive test that looks for HIV genetic material in blood cells- it differs from the HIV RNA PCR, which typically examines for viral particles that are outside of cells. The former test is typically positive, even in persons who have undetectable circulating virus (ie, RNA PCRs) and is sometimes used to confirm HIV positive status in those rare persons who have undetectable RNA viral loads, even without HIV medications.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Linked To Osteoarthritis
- Does Doxycycline Treat Both Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.