Trouble digesting ritonavir

For about 9 months now, I have been on a cocktail of Epzicom (abacavir and lamivudine), with Atazanvir boosted by ritonavir...

I have noticed on occasion what appears to be the whole ritonavir gel capsule in my stool after a bowel movement. After investigation one time (don't ask...) I realized that it was indeed a totally undigested ritonavir capsule. I am currently in a study, and get almost monthly bloodwork, and haven't been told that my pharmokinetics is off....but maybe this is a once in a while thing?

If it is, what are the repercussions? I know bioavailability of these drugs is a problem. Is this digestion problem with norvir common? I eat whole meals with my cocktail, so I'm not sure what else I can do to make sure I digest these pills. Is there something else I can do? Pierce the gel tablet?

Thanks for your help.

I think that sometimes the Norvir capsule may be intact in the stool but the internal medication has actually been absorbed. As long as your numbers are good and viral load undetectable I would not worry about it and would not bother puncturing the capsule.

ARE MEDS GOOD FOR ME NOW ??
Switching from efavirenz