Only One Reyataz Pill A Day?

After becoming resistant to Reyataz while taking it and Truvada (but not Norvir) my physician is now prescribing Reyataz/Truvada along with Norvir. However, I swear she said I would only need to take one Reyataz per day instead of my normal two per day. I'm waiting for her to call the prescriptions into my local pharmacy but wanted to know if this was normal. I'm currently taking two 200 mg capsules of Reyataz. What strength would it normally be if only one pill was prescribed. From what I understood, I'm to take one Truvada, one Reyataz, and one Norvir. Does that make sense or should I go back to my doctor.

Thank you very much.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

The dose of Reyataz when it is used with Norvir is 300mg and there is a 300mg capsule available. So if this is the dose that was prescribed then it may be what your doctor intended. But if you have any question about this plan you should touch base with your doctor to be sure.

By the way, one of the arguments against using unboosted protease inhibitors is that viral resistance is more likely to be generated when Norvir is omitted. Best of luck to you!

Ever be healthy enough to get pregnant?
ARE MEDS GOOD FOR ME NOW ??