Ever be healthy enough to get pregnant?

I've known that I've been HIV+ for 19 years now (vertical transmission). I'm 24 y.o. now and I've built up so much resistance to medication that my Dr. is saying he's not sure I'll ever be able to get my viral load to be undetectable to safely have children. He says all new drugs are meant to increase the CD4 count, not to decrease the viral load. Any knowledge on new drugs that have come out in the past couple of years?

Thank you for your post.

There is a whole new set of HIV medications, including the newer protease inhibitors (darunavir), entry inhibitor (maraviroc) and integrase inhibitor (raltegravir).

Using the best resistance testing (phenotype + genotype) and analysis of treatment history, we've been able to suppress the vast majority of persons with highly drug resistant virus.

I wouldn't hold out hope for getting undetectable, having CD4 count increase, and yes, perhaps, have a family too.

Best of health to you. BY

Arthritis and HIV
Only One Reyataz Pill A Day?