Arthritis and HIV

I am 36 years old woman, I was Diagnosed with HIV in 2003, I have been in and out of ARVs because of Adherence problem, but i will be starting with combivir and aluvia soon. My CD4 is 306 and my viral load is 14 000. My leg are swelling at the angles and my middle toe, is this because of HIV or is it arthritis and what type of arthritis is this

Thanks for your post.

It's pretty difficult to diagnose these things by the limited descriptions that we get through the web. There are some arthritic conditions associated with HIV, though such conditions nearly always involve multiple small joints or rarely, the large joints of the hips or shoulders.

In your case, it does not sound like an direct HIV condition.

As for your HIV medications, in light of your past difficulties with adherence, make sure that you discuss these challenges with your case manager or doctor. Now isn't the time to begin another poorly adhered-to treatment, but rather to try to start anew with improved strategies to take your life-saving medications.

Best of health, BY

alcohol
Ever be healthy enough to get pregnant?