Atripla - wishful thinking?

If I were to switch to Atripla and wait 60 days for any side effects to settle down, do you think I could possibly then begin taking it a couple hours earlier every day - the goal being taking it about an hour to an hour and a half before lunch? I'm not prone to unusual side effects with medications I've taken in the past. Thanks!

Thanks for your post.

Most of my patients who take efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin, part of Atripla) would have difficulty taking their medications in mid-day. There are some, however, who can. The only way to know would be to try.

On the other hand, if you really require a medication that can be taken mid-day, I'd be sure to discuss this requirement with your healthcare provider, prior to initiating any treatment.

It's this sort of life-style need that can often adversely affect adherence; recognizing such needs before selecting medications can avoid problems before they occur.

BY

Herpes and HIV
Change in cd4 counts