Herpes and HIV

You guys are great,thanks for all your help so far.My question is,should I take Valtrex/supressive Herpes treatment?My T Cells are 800 pretty consistenly and viral load is usually around 6000,so I haven't started meds.Do you think it would be a good idea?I read this can cut herpes/HIV in the blood and thought it might be a good idea,since it might help prolong the starting of ARV meds.Thanks :)

Thank you for your post.

Herpes can cause increases in HIV viral load; a recent study shows that HSV suppression with medications like valacyclovir (Valtrex) can reduce both HSV shedding and HIV viral loads.

The link between delaying HIV medications is tantalizing, but speculative. The biggest reason to consider HSV suppression is that reducing the frequency of HSV lesions can probably decrease the risk of transmission of HIV (and acquisition of superinfection or other sexually transmitted infections).

BY

Atripla Success
Atripla - wishful thinking?