I did not consult my doctor

Dear Drs.

Thanks again for all you do. I was feeling that I was getting a cold before a major 2 week foreign trip. Without consulting my HIV specialist, I went to a clinic and took a Flu shot. Long story short, I did not know that I should not have taken the flu shot if I already had a cold. Now I have been sick for the past 3 weeks and on the second round of powerful antibiotics. I have been HIV positive for 2 years and never been sick since the conversion. Im a controller with viral load under 1,100 and CD4 at over 700 / 36%. (Not on meds and never been on meds) Now that I have been sick, my VL is at 10,000 (same as my acute infection) and cd4 at 590 / 36%. From your experience will I ever go back to being a controller? Is it normal to be sick for over 3 weeks now?

Thanks,

Thanks for your post.

Not to worry. I'm not sure why you had a viral load test drawn after (1) being sick and (2) after your flu shot. Both conditions can transiently increase your viral load and lead to false interpretations.

I'm not sure about the elite controller issue, but your viral load should return to it's previous level once your feeling better.

BY

It is time for med?
Undetactable since 1995 with no anykind of Medications