Can you help me?

I'm 19 yrs old. I was just recently diagnosed with HIV. I just got my first lab back. My viral load is 45,300. My CD4 count is 296. My CDA count is 1037 I don't really know that much about this because I'm new but what I have read. Basically, tells me that my CD4 should be higher than what is it. My viral load is high. What would be a "undetectable" viral load. Should I start talking about medicene with my doctor.

Thanks for your post.

I'm always saddened to hear about new HIV diagnoses, especially among persons as young as you are.

Your CD4 count is below norma (>350)l and meets national guidelines to consider starting HIV treatment. Your viral load is detectable, but actually an average level for someone not on HIV treatment.

You and your doctor should begin the dialog about starting HIV treatments. This begins by getting HIV drug resistance testing and continues with discussions about the many medications options suggested by treatment guidelines--it's a process of tailoring treatment to meet the requirements of your virus' resistance pattern (if any) and you body's conditions and your personal preferences.

Once you decide that your willing and able to take HIV medications, then it's time to work on improving your immune system health.

Write back anytime. Be well, BY

Atripla side effects
It is time for med?