Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

CD4 Count
Nov 15, 2007

My CD4 count is 147 .. I just read that I could be dead within five years. Can me CD4 count go back up again or is it too late. I was diagnosed Oct. 7 but will see the Dr. on Nov. 29th..I've had no symptoms except fatigue and that leaves when I excercise.

Response from Dr. Young

Thakns for your post.

You do indeed have a low CD4 count-- one that if not treated, could result in great risk of having an AIDS complication in the near future; one that means that your risk of dying of one of these complications is also very high.

As such, it will be time for you and your doctor to begin the process of figuring out what are the best treatment options for you. In my view, this means looking at all of the recommended options, weight the pros and cons of each one, then tailoring the regimen to your particular health issues (like high blood pressure, hepatitis, heart or kidney disease) and the drug resistance pattern of your virus (make sure that your doctor orders HIV resistance testing).

It's never too late to start on treatment- I'd expect you to have an excellent response and excellent prognosis to your well adhered-to HIV treatment regimen.

Be well, BY

Previous
flu shot and anitbiotics
Next
Atripla side effects

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.