CD4 Count

My CD4 count is 147 .. I just read that I could be dead within five years. Can me CD4 count go back up again or is it too late. I was diagnosed Oct. 7 but will see the Dr. on Nov. 29th..I've had no symptoms except fatigue and that leaves when I excercise.

Thakns for your post.

You do indeed have a low CD4 count-- one that if not treated, could result in great risk of having an AIDS complication in the near future; one that means that your risk of dying of one of these complications is also very high.

As such, it will be time for you and your doctor to begin the process of figuring out what are the best treatment options for you. In my view, this means looking at all of the recommended options, weight the pros and cons of each one, then tailoring the regimen to your particular health issues (like high blood pressure, hepatitis, heart or kidney disease) and the drug resistance pattern of your virus (make sure that your doctor orders HIV resistance testing).

It's never too late to start on treatment- I'd expect you to have an excellent response and excellent prognosis to your well adhered-to HIV treatment regimen.

Be well, BY

flu shot and anitbiotics
Atripla side effects