|When to start treatment
Nov 13, 2007
my friends recently found out that she and her 4 year old daughter are HIV positive. she knew in 2004 (almost 4 years ago), and i am advising her to go to the doctor. is it too late to seek medication? when is a good time to start treatment?
| Response from Dr. Young
Dan, thanks for your post.
It is really unfortunate that your friend has not yet found a HIV doctor-- she risks her health and the health of her child. So, I agree with you, that it is imperative that she get medical evaluation.
It's never too late to get evaluation and when needed to start HIV medications. In this country (and many others), AIDS complications are entirely avoidable if one is under medical care and has access to medications.
If we can be of any, any further assistance, please don't hesitate to write back. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Warts On Your Hands?
- Had Hepatitis B Vaccine Can You Still Get Hepatitis B
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.