hgh and oxandrolone

I have read countless articles suggesting the use of injectable hgh for hiv+ people. Is this a safe thing to do? Any noted bad side effects such as liver damage? I have read that 3 ius per day is suggested. I ahve also read that taking hgh along with 20 mg of oxandrolone can extend the time someone who has hiv from having to begin meds. Is there any known data on the benifits or drawbacks to the use of injectable hgh?

Response from Dr. Conway

Human growth hormone is the one treatment that has produced sustained and significant beenfits for both lipodystrophy and wasting. No other pharmacologic interventions (Megace, glitazones, androgens, etc..) can make such a claim. Beyond this, the addition of androgens to hgh is of no additional benefit and may carry significant toxicity, such as liver damage. The side effects of hgh may include glucose intolerance and some joint discomforts, and this needs to be monitored closely. Beyond this, it is a safe, effective but extremely costly injectable treatment for lipodystrophy and wasting. Doses as low as 2 mg every 2 days may be effective, and this may help maintiani efficacy while limiting the cost.

Status Update
When to start treatment