The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Nov 13, 2007

How do I find a Doctor who specializes in HIV/AIDS treatment? I live in Suffolk County , Long Island NY.

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your post.

There are many excellent doctors in Long Island. Depending on where you live, insurance factors etc, you should be able to find a very experienced and qualified HIV specialist.

Two places to look for advice are your local AIDS Service Organization (ASO)-- you can look up TheBody's or check out the "Find a Provider" function from the American Academy of HIV Medicine.

Be well, BY

flu shot complications and vaccination fears

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint