Is it possible to have lipodystrophy already?

I have been on a combination of Reyataz, Emtriva, and Abacavir since July. My breast area is definetely getting bigger. Some days it is bigger and other days not. I wonder if I am just retaining water in that area. I dunno. But is it possible to be getting lipodystrophy so early on in the course of treatment? My doctor told me that he has no one in his practice who has it, but that the cases he has heard of have all been after about 2 or 3 years on drugs. I am just worried though. Please help me.

Thanks for your post.

If your breast swelling comes and goes, it's not likely to be lipodystrophy.

While it is unusual to see lipo emerge soon after initiation of treatment, it's important to understand that some patients develop symptoms even before the intiation of treatment- this indicates that HIV also plays a critical part in the risk of developing lipo. Medications, like the ones that you're taking are not generally thought to increase the risk significantly.

In any event, I'd let your doctor or healthcare provider know about your symptoms.

Be well, BY

Dosing/Alcohol Issues
flu shot complications and vaccination fears