Nov 10, 2007
i have a history of pancreatitis , twice in 5 years, what med combo would be safe for me to start my meds
| Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
Currently recommended first-line medications for HIV have a low risk of developing pancreatitis.
In patients like you, it would be very imporant to understand why you've had recurrent symptoms and address the underlying cause. Also, once HIV medications were started, adding monitoring for pancreatitis to your routine monitoring labs would seem prudent.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Are Genital Warts Deadly?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.