TB Skin Test

I took the following vaccines/tests at the same time: TB, Flu Vaccine, & Measles, Mumps, & Rubella Vaccine.

My TB test came back positive. It measured 12mm. It also still itches like crazy. I also take Valtrex and Adderall XR 20mg. Could the combination of any of these things be a contributor to the positive TB test? Also, when does the bump go away?(It's been a week since the test was administered.

Thank you for your post.

Any TB skin test greater than 10 mm is a positive. While there are a few conditions that can lead to a false positive test, your medications aren't one of them.

The bump should go away gradually. Since your reaction was rather robust, it may take longer than the mild reactions.

If you're HIV+, you'll need to talk to your doctor about going on medications to prevent TB from causing disease (called INH preventive therapy). Don't forget to discuss this, TB can be a devastating complication in HIV co-infected persons.

Be well, BY

Diet pills and atripla
cd4 count is 14