Nov 6, 2007
I was wondering. I have been on atripla for about 2 months now. And I just started a new medication for smoking called Chantix. Is it ok to mix the two meds? Because I feel really weird today.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
These drugs should be okay but Chantix and the efavirenz in Atripla can have similar side effects such as dizziness and feeling ot of it. You can see how it goes but it may only get worse as you increase the dose of the Chantix.
Have you tried taking the Chantix at night?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Majority Of Cases Of Thrush Not Related To HIV
- Negative At Six Weeks Positive 8 Weeks After PEP
- Should I Get Tested If I Had Protected Sex?
- Unprotected Sex 3 Months Ago Now Rash On Inner Thighs
- What Things Cause A False-positive HIV Test Result?
- Is Numbness In Leg And Arm A Sign Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.