Can You Recommend a New Drug Treatment Strategy

I tested HIV+ in 1994 and began taking AZT & DDI. After about a year, my Dr. switched me to AZT + 3TC + Rescriptor, due to high uric acid levels (from DDI). I've been on these 3 drugs now for about 12 years. My CD4 levels have been in the 300 - 700 range for all that time and my viral load has been <50 per whatever the entire time. The only side affect I seem to have is high triglycerides in the 3 and 4 hundreds. I've heard that Rescriptor will be taken off the market in Dec. I was wondering what drug combo might work best for me after that.

Your success on Rescriptor is immpressive as this regimen is not that easy to take. Hats off to you. I would consider switching to another drug in the same class as Rescriptor, namely, Sustiva. It is once a day and can be taken wth your second dose of AZT/3TC. The triglyceride levels of 300-400 do not excite me much unless you have other major risk factors for heart disease.

KS and new diagnosis
Is it better to start treatment earlier