KS and new diagnosis

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with HIV. CD4 count 204. I never had any signs or symtoms of HIV infection until I noticed some lesions and went to the doctor. I found out then I was HIV+. I have been on Truvada, Norvir, Reyataz for 3 weeks now. I stick to my medication regimen very strictly. I feel great; however, some of my lesions are beginning to respond to treatment by crusting over. But I am also noticing new lesions appear also. Is this common for new lesins to appear while you are beginning therapy? Also, how long does it usually take for the KS to "disappear" once you begin treatment and at what point should I consider IV chemo?

Potent HIV meds will help your body fight KS but it is likely to not be all that is needed to treat this cancer. You may more aggressive treatment directed toward the KS. See if you can be referred to an oncologist with experience in treating KS.

Kaletra monotherapy; need a "third" med?
Can You Recommend a New Drug Treatment Strategy