Resistance of avtripla vs. Sustiva

I have been exposed to a geno type of HIV that is resistant to Sustiva. I have no resistance to any drug before being exposed to this HIV . I do not know if i was reinfected yet. If i was ...will i be able to take Atripla or not. If this other HIV is resistant to Sustiva, and i caught it, Will i be able to take atripla once i start meds.. I am still not on meds to date.

If your virus is resistant to efavirenz (Sustiva), it will be resistant to the same efavirenz that is a part of Atripla (tenofovir/FTC/efavirenz).

Given that we have so many treatment options, there is no reason why I'd subject yourself to the unneeded risk of treatment failure on Atripla if your virus is already resistant to the efavirenz part of Atripla.

BY

medication
Questions