Dosing Kaletra / Truvada

Dear Dr. Ben...

Ben, have a question regarding my current once a day dosing of Kaletra 4tabs daily and Truvada 1 tab daily. I take these once a day at night time and have been <50 since the beginning. I am a huge partisipant in the forums and I always wonder when I see others on similar regimens (purhaps and usually been on therapy longer than I) having higher dosages such as Kaletra 3 tabs twice a day etc. Ben what I want to be sure of is that this is sufficient to keep the bugs at bay. I want this once a day dosing to last but I have no reservations about going to twice daily on some aspect to insure that full suppression is going on in me body 24/7.. I don't want to risk becoming detectable. I am two years into arv's.

Thanks for your time Ben..

Eric

hi Eric,

Thanks for your post.

This topic generates some confusion from time to time. Kaletra (lopinavir/ritonavir) comes in two forms-- the older capsules and the newer tablets. The daily dose of the former is 6 per day; if your on the tablets, the dose is 4 daily (could be 2, twice-daily).

Be well, BY

? med change
Kaletra/Truvada vs. Atripla