update & a question on results

hi i posted a question on october the 14th i think it was. this was saying i was very worried about the drop in my cd4 count from 800 to 400. you said not to be too concerned as my vl was still undetectable. well just an update really i went yesterday for results & my cd4 has stayed the same 400 im still undetectable to. my doc said everything is great not to be worried at all & that they look at the percentage whatever that is. im confused so maybe you could expain. all i remember is him saying my percentage is 40. thanks

Thanks for your post.

The way that I'd look at your results is you have a normal CD4 count and CD4 percentage with an undetectable viral load. This means that your HIV treatment is working great.

When you see shifts in your CD4 count in this situation, they very likely simply represent part of the normal variation in CD4s rather than anything negative.

Best of health, BY

How Much?
? med change