Change of Meds

I will be changing from a boosted Protease Inhibitor (Lexiva/Norvir) twice a day (morning/evening) to Atripla soon. On the day I am going to begin Atripla at night should I take the morning dose of Protease Inhibitors and then skip the evening dose? Or should I skip both the morning and evening dose on the day in which I will be starting Atripla at night? Thanks.

Thanks for your post.

It probably doesn't matter whether you take your morning dose or not, but part of the answer depends on why your switching your medications.

If your switching because of side effects (and not because of drug resistance) and if your viral load is currently undetectable, you could skip the morning dose and just continue with Atripla in the evening. On the other hand, there's any doubt, I'd just take the morning dose and start Atripla later in the day.

Be well, BY

fatty liver
fainting