Interaction of HIV meds and herbal meds
Oct 29, 2007
I am a Physician Assistant in California working with coinfected patients. I had a question about safety of herbal medicines (saw palmeto) and HIV meds, specifically Atripla. The herb question comes up quite a bit, is there any reference thats available to help answer these questions?
Response from Dr. Pierone
I have not been able to find a searchable online reference for drug-herb interactions. There are several reference books on the market, but an online reference would be extremely helpful. If any of our readers knows of such a resource please let me know and I will report on it.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.